For me, nothing is better during summer than relaxing by the water. And, since I don’t like close to the ocean, laying poolside is my go-to.
I wanted to show you all what usually goes into my beach bag- all the essentials that I need for a few hours of rest under the sun. My favorite bag right now is a striped canvas tote from Target- get it here!
- Sun Bum SPF 50 – My skin is pretty pale and burns easily, so using sunscreen with a high SPF is a must when I go outside. I love how smooth the formula is, and it smells amazing- just like coconut!
- TOMS “Luisa” Sunglasses – Sunglasses are a no-brainer at the pool, and these are so chic- I really love the tortoise frames. I like this pair because they have prescription lenses in them, and when I don’t want to wear my contacts near the water, I can pop these babies on and see perfectly! You can get this pair and many more at saltcityoptics.com!
- Teva “Original Mosaic” Sandal – Usually I don’t invest in a good pair of flip-flops – but this sandal hybrid from Teva is so cool and easy to wear. I love the teal and indigo pattern on these, and they’re the perfect complement to any swimsuit.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell– I picked up this book from the library and have not put it down since. It is the perfect young adult love story, and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good read this summer!
- Bed Head Recovery Conditioner – To prevent my hair from getting tangled and stripped of its nutrients by chlorine, I like to combine in a spray bottle 1 part conditioner with 2 parts water and spritz this on my hair after I get out of the pool. It keeps my hair shiny and moisturized, which is always a plus during the summer!
- Maybelline “Baby Lips” Lip Balm – I don’t normally wear very much makeup to the pool, but I like to apply lip balm pretty generously to avoid chapped lips. A coral-tinted balm like this one is perfect for the summer months!
What are some of your summer essentials?